Building Hours & Closures
MONDAY ~ FRIDAY: 6:30 am – 8:45 pm SATURDAY: 7:00 am – 3:45 pm
CASHIER HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-3:30 pm & Open until 7:00 pm the last Thursday of each month NOTE: Due to the holiday, the cashiers will be open until 7:00 p.m. on December 18th. The cashiers office is closed on December 30th.
BUILDING CLOSURES: Dec. 23 at 4:00 pm thru Dec. 25 & Dec 31 thru Jan 1, 2015
In 2009 the OPC was named a “Model Senior Center” by the National Council on Aging.
The mission of the Older Persons’ Commission it to “Provide high quality programs and services that stimulate and advance active and healthy living for all ages of older persons.”
The Older Persons’ Commission is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all members and guests while participating in programs and services at the center. We expect all members, guests and staff to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior or language that disturbs other participants and staff.
- Racial, religious or sexual harassment of Center participants or staff.
- Failure to maintain personal cleanliness, good hygiene and appropriate attire (unpleasant body odor, infested clothing, etc.)
- Inability to function independently while partaking in Center activities. Individuals needing assistance (memory impairment, incontinence, wheelchair bound, etc.) may conditionally participate in Center activities with the aid of a self provided care attendant.
- Unwanted physical contact with another person including physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way.
- Bullying which includes unwarranted criticism, fault finding, exclusion or other behavior which may intimidate, offend, degrade, threaten or humiliate members or staff.
- Loitering, lying down on the furniture or sleeping within the building for long periods of time.
- Using or possessing illegal drugs or alcohol on OPC property.
- Violation of smoking ordinances both inside and outside of the building.
- Theft, vandalism and/or misuse of senior center property or personal property located at the center or behaviors that result in the destruction of property.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening, or offensive nature.
- Disregarding posted rules and signs.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Unapproved solicitation, distribution of literature, offering items for sale, circulation of a petition or survey, videotaping or photographing. Any of these activities require advance authorization from the Executive Director or her designee.
Code of Conduct Violations which are identified by OPC staff or members will be promptly investigated and may result in (a) verbal or written reprimand; (b) temporary or permanent loss of Center privileges; or (c) such other steps deemed necessary by the OPC Governing Board.
Effective January 1, 2015
OPC Leisure Travel is open to residents and nonresidents 50 years and older. If a trip participant requires a caregiver, the caregiver can be under 50 years old, but must be at least 21 years old. A nonresident does not have to pay the annual nonresident fee to travel. However, they will be charged an additional $10 fee for day trips.
An escort serves as a senior advocate and will accompany each trip. The escort is available to make sure the event goes as planned, and to handle problems or emergencies that may arise.
The number of folks traveling on a particular trip, and the location of the venue, will dictate whether a minibus or a motor coach will be used.
Waivers, Insurance, & Roommates
There are two types of waivers: (1) Optional Medical Waiver (OMW) offered for most trips and a (2) Single Supplement Waiver (SSW) available for some overnight trips, at an additional charge. Waivers can be purchased until the refund deadline date. Waivers are only available at the time of the purchase. Trips over $900 will have private insurance included.
~ Optional Medical Waiver (OMW) For trips where no private insurance applies.
OPC offers an Optional Medical Waiver (OMW), at an additional charge, in case of cancellation due to an illness. The refund will be 100% of the trip cost, less the cost of the OMW. (A spouse or live-in caregiver who signed up for the trip, with a waiver, may also be refunded). A doctor’s note is required.
~ Single Supplement Waiver (SSW) (Not available on all trips)
OPC offers a Single Supplement Waiver (SSW), at an additional charge, in the event two people are roommates and book at a double rate, and one cancels due to illness. In this case, the other person will not have to pay the single rate. If a triple rate were purchased with a SSW, they will pay the double rate.
If a roommate cancels, the other roommate must pay the single rate, unless a SSW is purchased along with the Optional Medical Waiver (OMW). The SSW will only apply, if the roommate cancelled after the deadline.
OPC will not be responsible for roommate arrangements.
Each trip has a refund deadline listed in the flyer/newsletter. The refund deadline gives OPC a date by which a trip must be cancelled due to low participation. Anyone who paid for a trip will receive a total refund until this date.
At times, it is possible to get additional tickets or a larger bus if enough people place their name on a waiting list for a popular trip. However, the additional tickets may not be with the rest of the group and may be farther back in the theatre. OPC will place names on a waiting list, in case someone who already purchased a ticket cannot attend.
Transferability and Cancellations:
The person’s name on the OPC voucher is the owner of the voucher, (regardless if they purchased it or not). Only the owner of the voucher can give/sell/transfer the OPC voucher, but they must meet the OPC Transferability Guideline Procedures. OMW’s are nontransferable.
Refunds will only be issued for:
- Trips OPC cancels
- Requests made on or before the refund deadline
- Under OMW policy guidelines
- If OPC can sell the ticket to someone on the waiting list.
Approved by the OPC Governing Board December 4, 2014
↓ CLICK THE EVENTS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ↓